Quackers about London? Become a London Duck Tours Guide!
The Company with the Duck Factor
London Duck Tours are an established and friendly family owned business in the heart of London’s exhilarating tourist sector. We run a hugely popular and unique sightseeing tour on land and river around the key landmarks of the Capital with our fleet of bright yellow amphibious “Ducks”.
We’re in the process of expanding our fleet of vehicles to satisfy considerable demand from the public so the opportunities available have never been more exciting. We are always keen to meet highly motived, reliable performers to join our pool of tour guides who love London just as much as we do.
Fit the bill?
You would be a mine of current and historical information about our great capital city, very comfortable working with the public, able to work weekends and school holidays (our busiest times) and have some experience of corporate events.
You would deliver a varied programme of a fun, friendly and informative sightseeing tours of London aboard our yellow amphibious craft, and perhaps even some of our special themed tours on James Bond, D-Day and Code Breaking! Seasonal tours include exciting Pirate Treasure Hunts and a Christmas special. We also run private hire tours for corporates, children’s parties, birthdays, team building etc.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
What we offer:
Here at London Duck Tours we understand that some are destined for great things in the entertainment industry, so we offer flexible working arrangements so you can attend that crucial audition, or take that once in a lifetime acting opportunity. Thinking more long term? We very much welcome people who wish to settle here.
We also offer some of the most competitive salaries for tour guiding in London.
What we ask of you:
- Performance/presentation background working directly with the public
- General knowledge of London’s 2000 year history
- Genuine interest and good knowledge in the main sights and attractions in Central London
- Ability to absorb new information / detail on tour routes quickly
- Reliable and positive ‘can do’ working attitude
- Available for our busiest periods during weekend working and school holidays. (This qualifies you for work during off peak times)
- Outgoing and approachable personality
- Previous tour guiding experience in London
- Experience in tourist/sightseeing or leisure industry
- Experience of working at corporate events
- Improvisation training/experience
Want to jump aboard? How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, please send email us via the contact us page a CV and a short covering letter outlining your key skills and why you want to join us. Address to Matt Watts, Senior Tour Guide Manager.